Monday, March 3, 2014

Post No. 100

This is my 100th post on this blog, a milestone I never thought I'd reach, at least this quickly. When I first started this blog, it served as therapy, getting out a lot of my thoughts, frustrations and feelings without ever really going public with it. I simply wanted to document my experience so I could some day look back at this remarkable time in my life.

But as I continued my research (reading books, participating in multiple forums and watching debates and Internet shows), I began to realize there are a lot of people who feel like me, who have experienced the same deconversion process, who encounter the same types of people and scenarios I do. My participation in some of these atheist and Christian forums led me to open up about my situation and to post the address of this blog for others to see so they might benefit from my story and point of view.

I've started to get a few people reading this blog, and I mostly get positive feedback, which means it's important to have this blog in a public place. Even if I stop posting some day, this blog will live on and maybe it will help someone deal with a situation in their lives.

I've learned to embrace logic and reason like never before, and if I can help someone else do the same, then I will be happy I started this. Here's to another 100 posts, and if you're reading this, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment